T.M. Lewin have an exciting opportunity for an Sales Manager to join us in our Aberdeen store on a full-time basis offering 37.5 hours.
We are truly proud of our history. As the original shirt makers in London, the first T.M. Lewin store opened in Jermyn Street in 1898. Mr T.M. Lewin himself developed the first buttoned down shirt, setting the tone for the shirt we know and love today. We now have close to 100 stores in the UK, with new stores opening in countries across the rest of the world, including Europe, Singapore and Australia. Fashions may have changed since 1898 but excellent craftsmanship, quality, service and value remain the driving force behind the T.M. Lewin brand and are some of the qualities we look for in our colleagues as well as our products.
As a Sales Manager/Assistant Manager within T.M.Lewin you will work closely in supporting the Store Manager and deputise for them as required. Some of your daily responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Store Manager by personally providing and ensuring the team deliver a consistent and exceptional standard of customer service in the store and deputising effectively in their absence in all areas of the role.
- Be a role model and mentor to members of the team
- Utilise sales techniques to drive sales and encourage the team to do the same
- Greet customers immediately upon entry in a polite and courteous manner and to maintain contact
- Engage with the customer in order to fully understand their needs and then provide the appropriate help and support to ensure a pleasurable customer experience.
- Develop excellent knowledge of the full range of products and unique selling points in order to promote product benefits to customers.
- Provide advice and guidance to customers on clothing and accessory range, best fit and measuring services (our service totem) ensuring their needs are fully met.
- Always check to see if there is anything else the customer may need, making suggestions for complimentary purchases e.g. buying a suitable tie with a shirt, or cufflinks as appropriate.
- Be aware of, build and develop networks and relationships with local corporate customers.
The Perfect Fit
The ideal applicant will have previous supervisory/management experience from a similar luxury retail environment. You should be passionate about people with a strong customer service ethos. Excellent communication skills are vital as you will be engaging with a wide variety of customers as well as colleagues within the Support Centre. You should be able to demonstrate ways in which you can motivate and lead a team, have a good standard of numeracy and be sales driven.
A passion for fashion is essential, we know we have a fantastic product offering and we’re looking for you and your team to drive sales through product knowledge and passion for the range. Full training and on-going development courses are available to all employees. You should have a flexible approach, retail is a fast moving environment and will plan to utilise ALL of your skills from selling shirts to motivating colleagues, you may also be required to cover additional days/hours to ensure adequate cover within the store.
T.M. Lewin are passionate about our people and offer the opportunity to work in a fun, energetic and fast paced culture. We are high performing and provide high levels of challenge and support. In return for your hard work you will be rewarded with generous benefits for you and your family. Some of our benefits include: A generous holiday entitlement which grows with your length of service, a substantial discount for you AND your family and friends, your own choice of free work wear, a performance related bonus scheme, anniversary gift, LOVE2SHOP everyday benefit card offering discounts across 60 retailers and Cycle 2 Work scheme.